South Coast Botanic Garden and the eclipse
After our camping weekend, we had a relaxing week. On Thursday we went for drinks to celebrate Bruno passing his driving test, and while we were there a student society dropped in and asked us to take a picture, which made for a slightly chaotic scene.
On Friday it was the neuroscience dinner so I met Mitchell on campus and we had an evening with his department with free food and drinks.
The next day I was working, but it was the eclipse! I did get to go outside and see it, and Mitchell went to an event on campus where they had lots of glasses and telescopes set up so people could watch.
On Sunday we went to visit the South Coast Botanic Garden where they had a special exhibit of trolls. We walked around the rose garden and the desert garden and then it was time for lunch. We had our food and then an ice cream because it was so hot.
We then went to walk the trail and follow the birdhouses to find the trolls. There were six to find and they were all huge and all different.
That Monday I had my day off and spent a while by the pool while it's still nice and hot.
Lots of love,
Emily and Mitchell
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx












Comments
Post a Comment