Improv weekend in Utah
Hi Mitchell here,
So on the Friday 19th September I took the day off work because my improv group was going to a festival in Cedar city, Utah! It was a long drive and 5 of our group were all in onc car, it was a little tight so we took a lot of breaks over the course of our 7 hour drive! We left at about 11:30 and made it just a little late for the first show at 8pm (in Utah time which is an hour ahead). We stopped off for lunch in Baker (where the worlds tallest thermometer is) and passed on the freeway almost right through Las Vegas although we didn't make a stop there. We went straight to the theatre when we arrived and after the sets had finished settled into the airbnb we were staying in and then had some drinks at the airbnb of another group that had come from orange county.
On the second day our group spent the day mostly together, going out for lunch and for a very short hike/climb to see a waterfall, we all took a nap in the afternoon not having had enough sleep and I think all a little worn out from the day before.
We went out for pizza for dinner altogether and then we got to perform! It was really good fun being part of a solid block of different acts although I had done similar in Nottingham before COVID at one point. Some of the groups were incredible and I was pretty worried before going up on stage but I think we did ourselves pretty well. After the show there was a little after celebration and the theatre hosts had very kindly got a load of pizza in, from the exact place we'd just been for dinner.
All the improvisors from California
On Sunday we woke up nice and early and got on our way, picked up some pastries for breakfast and then did much fewer stops outside of lunch as we made our way home, getting in at around 3pm. After getting into the flat I had a nap as I still hadn't quite recovered and then Emily woke me up for dinner, it was more pizza. I did not complain.
Hello it's Emily now! Once Mitchell was back at work, I had my Monday off, so I went on a little autumnal day out. I started out on a hike we'd done before in the spring, hoping for some brown leaves (which are hard to come by in Southern California). I started out on the trail, which is across a bare mountain to start with.
Once I got near the end of the trail, I could hear the water from the creek and the trees started to get taller. I entered the little woods and the birch trees either side were indeed turning brown. I walked along a bit further and there was still so much water in the waterfall. There were plenty of leaves on the ground, and the light through the trees was lovely.
After getting some nice pictures, I started the walk back. It was only a short hike, so I treated myself to an autumn spiced Starbucks, and then was off to my next stop.
I went to a local plant nursery to pick up a present for Marine's birthday, and managed to fit a whole pomegranate tree in the back of my car.
When Mitchell got home we made a pumpkin pie together, which was a lovely end to an autumn day out.
Lots of love,
Emily and Mitchell
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx






Comments
Post a Comment