Three weeks until surgery

This week has been filled with lots of little things while I start my new jobs and Mitchell's knee is still in recovery. 

During the week, we went with a group to the cinema to watch Oppenheimer, and then later in the week we all went for dinner for Pam's last week. We went to the Yardhouse and had some enormous portions and some drinks. 

On Saturday, I worked while Mitchell went to the beach with the group. Apparently Marine - being very French - brought an entire brie and a baguette as a picnic. They played some beach volleyball and Mitchell only got a little bit burnt.


I started my new job this week in the city library. I'm on the desks helping people and shelving books, and it fits very well with my job at the botanic gardens. That Saturday, Riverside was holding the International Food Festival, so during my lunch break I went to go and look at what they had to offer. There were three street filled with food trucks with food from all over the world. I saw Jamaican, Mexican (obviously) Vietnamese, and more. I'd already eaten lunch, so I got some dessert of mango sticky rice, flavoured with ube and pandan. 

In the evening, we went to Bruno's for Pam's leaving party, before she left for Brazil on Monday. It was a lot of fun and we did a lot of dancing. 

On Sunday we did some sleeping in and then decided to go for mochinuts. There's a bakery in Riverside which specialises in the odd bubbly doughnuts, made with rice flour just like mochi and slightly chewy. We got a white chocolate and churro flavour, a blueberry, and a biscoff flavour. We even ran into Pam in the car park!

Lots of love,

Emily and Mitchell

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

England and Wales

New Zealand

Japan pt 1: Tokyo and Kyoto