Beaches and Mountain Yoga
I have a little part time job while I look for a new job, but it's super secret. All I can say is that last week I went for a fitting at the Warner Bros studios, I got up at 3am to go to a Disney owned ranch in LA, and got paid minimum wage to sit around a set and pretend to talk. I'm not allowed to say what was filmed.... but..... "Oh boy". This was my first time doing this, but hopefully I'll get some more as it will fit around interviews and wedding planning very easily!
On Thursday evening I went to a board games night at a boba tea shop with some friends which was fun.
On Friday we went to get some pizza and drinks with our international friends in the Canyon Crest area. The restaurant closed at 8:30 for an event, so we had to eat quickly and move on fast. We tried another bar/restaurant which closed at 9pm, so after that, we took an Uber to Downtown in search of a place that stayed open past dark. We got a drink in the Brickwood Bar, and then went to one of the few clubs in Riverside. It was a fun group, and we got home just before 2am.
Saturday we slept in, and then went for our first beach day of the year. It was warm and sunny in Riverside, but when we got to Huntington beach it was so cold and windy! We were meant to stay and meet a group for a beach party, but we got too cold and it wasn't really comfortable standing and talking to people for long. So just as the sun set, we set off for a walk along the beach and headed home.
On Sunday I got up early for a yoga class at the top of Mount Robidoux with Natalie. We hiked to the top of the mountain and then had an hour long session in the early morning sunshine. It was the perfect weather for a tough lesson, and because of all the rain this season, it was green all the way up and wildflowers covered everywhere.
In the evening, we picked up some friends and drove them over to Mitchell's improv show with us. It was the fullest I'd ever seen the theatre and was a fun show.
This week we have been doing lots of wedding planning as it's getting very close! Interesting things also include the raccoon Mitchell saw on campus, and the UCR community garden having a produce giveaway. I went to the garden and they had fridges and fridges of produce they needed gone. I got loads of avocados, oranges, some lettuce, a cauliflower, a grapefruit and kale.
But we have a long weekend to make the most this week, so we'll be out and about for sure.
Lots of love,
Emily and Mitchell
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx







Lovely exciting weekend for you. Hope you get more extra work. Love gma an gdad xx
ReplyDelete