Halloween 2022
This week I've put two weeks of adventures into the blog. I got ill, so it's been a combination of I didn't feel like writing, and we didn't do much.
The first weekend was a bit busier. We went to a Harry Potter Trivia night during the week which was fun and we met lots of cool people. Our team won (not that we contributed much) and we had a really fun night.
On Saturday, we went for a hike. It was a long trail into the wilderness, but we only did 6 miles as we started quite late in the day and had to get back for the evening. It was part of the San Gorgonio Wilderness and started at a creek. We had to cross the water, which was quite deep and running fast, even this late after summer. We could see the sign for the trail on the other side of the water, but there was no clear point to cross at. We found a section where there rocks we could use as stepping stones, and managed to cross with dry feet.
On the other side, we walked through the oak grove which was lovely and shady. Other parts of the trail had long grass, or were deserty with cacti growing at the side of the path. Every so often we came across a section which gave great views of the valley below.
We reached the three mile mark which was the edge of the official wilderness, and where we needed a permit hike. I'd got a permit earlier in the week, so we carried on for a little bit, but soon turned around as it was getting late and I was already exhausted (I see now that this was because of my imminent cold).
As we reached the end, the sun was getting low and gave the river a very nice glow. It was a nice hike and we'll go back one day to go a bit further.
That evening was our Halloween party. It was in someone's back garden and they had drinks (in red cups), decorations, beer pong set up and lots and lots of people! We met so many people that night, and hopefully we'll see them again at other events.
We got back about 2am, so we slept plenty in the morning. In the afternoon we went out for lunch and then to see a movie.
![]() |
| They all have reclining seats here which is great |
Then I got sick for real :( Monday I had such a sore throat, Tuesday I had a cough, Wednesday my nose started to run, Thursday my cough got worse and Friday my nose and ears were blocked. Overall, not a very fun week for me.
![]() |
| We did still (somewhat) carve a pumpkin though |
We did take a quick walk to the botanic gardens on Saturday as they were doing an Art in the Garden event, with local artists selling their pieces and a little cafe set up on the green area at the front. Even that took it out of me and I went home, got into pyjamas and didn't get out of them again until Monday morning.
![]() |
| I put all my energy into being cute and then had to go home |
This week I am mostly better (I now have the energy to go to work AND write a blog for you), which is just in time as it's a long weekend, so we must travel!
I'll be back next week!
Lots of love,
Emily and Mitchell
xxxxxxxxxxxx












.jpg)



Hope you are all better now. Love ❤ gma an gdad xx
ReplyDelete