Halloween is (almost) here!
Hello, I'm picking up from last week as we did a few little trips around which I didn't mention in the last post.
Last week, after going to watch the improv show, Mitchell went along to their weekly drop in session where he got to do some improv for the first time in California. It went really well and although it was an hour drive to get there and I went along for the ride as he's not driven anywhere by himself yet, there was a milkshake bar next door so I had a fun evening too.
We also went to Target that week to pick up some more things we needed for the apartment and some Halloween decorations! A lot of the flats in our block (and especially the ones with families) have had them up for weeks and we wanted to get in on it too! We now have a spooky bat skeleton on our door and a little woollen pumpkin on our windowsill.
In other spooky news, we went to two pumpkin patches at the weekend! The first was a small event by UCR with a few pumpkins by the gardening club and some fundraising stands for the university societies. I picked out two very small, very lumpy, stripey gourds and they're adorable.
| Adorable |
The next day we went to Tanaka farm where they had a lot going on. They had two fields full of all shapes, sizes and colours of pumpkins. We picked a medium orange one and a small flat green one. We then went to go and see the pumpkin cannon!
| Look at it go! |
| Look at the size of this one! |
They also had an animal shed, a wagon which was giving rides around the fields and a big food grill. We got a vegan hot dog and some fresh roasted corn which was really tasty.
Comments
Post a Comment